The renovation of Lake General Store in Yellowstone National Park incorporated full architectural and engineering services on the 1922 wood-framed Hamilton Stores building with 5,600 sq. ft. of retail, snack area, office and storage. The project included a full seismic retrofit without harm to the historic character of the building, and included a graceful integration of an entry terrace with symmetrical flanking stairs and ramps. Located by Yellowstone Lake, this terrace will be heavily used by summer vacationers to the park. All work was reviewed and approved by the Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office for compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Guidelines for the Treatment of Historic Properties. This renovation was the first project certified with the Greater Yellowstone Framework for Sustainable Development by the Yellowstone Business Partnership.